MSc Big Data
The MSc Big Data is a taught advanced Master’s degree covering the technology of Big Data and the science of data analytics. You’ll gain practical skills in big data technology, advanced analytics, and industrial and scientific applications. The course will teach you how to collect, manage and analyze big, fast-moving data for science or commerce. You’ll learn skills in cutting-edge technology such as Data Analytics, R, Hadoop, NoSQL, and Machine Learning. At the same time, you’ll delve into important maths and computing theory, and learn the advanced computational techniques you need to develop your career in data science. This programme was offered in affiliation with the University of Stirling, UK, and the last new intake to this Programme was in this academic year 2021/22 (Sep 2021).
- Credit Points: 180 Credit Points for the Master Degree in Big Data.
- Exit Award: 120 Credit Points for the Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data.
- Duration: Three Semesters in Full-Time Mode of Study/Four Semesters in Part-Time Mode of Study.
- Degree Awarding Body: After the successful completion of the program requirements, the students will be awarded the Award/Exit Certificates from the University of Stirling.
Big data skills are in high demand. You will have opportunities with data-driven companies from a wide variety of sectors and command a salary that’s typically higher than the IT average. As a graduate in Big Data, you’ll be able to work in a wide range of sectors, such as digital technologies, energy and utilities, financial services, the public sector, and healthcare.
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Modeler
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
- Big Data Developer