Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Advanced Diploma in Accounting is designed for those who wish to take up a career in accounting and/or financial administration within a range of business organizations. It develops the knowledge and skills of the students such as planning, analysing and reporting. It also develops the employment skills related to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and professional accounting body requirements and so enhances candidates’ employment prospects. Developing the study and research skills is another outcome of this award. It also develops transferable skills, including Core Skills, to the levels demanded by employers and/or progression in higher education.
- Credit Values: 31.5 SQA Credit Values (252 Credit Points)
- Award: Advanced Diploma in Business (Equivalent to Diploma).
- Duration: 2 Years in Full-Time Mode of Study/ 3 Years in Part-Time Mode of Study.
- Degree Awarding Body: After the successful completion of the program requirements, the students will be awarded the Award/Exit Certificates from the Scottish Authority Qualification (SQA).
- Programme Starts: September, December and March
A candidate seeking admission to this programme should possess the following:
- Pass in the General Education Diploma (Equivalent to 12 years of schooling or equivalent qualification).
- Pass in Muscat College Foundation Programme (GFP) with 60% marks or equivalent. A score of 60% and above in the Muscat College Placement Test in each of the components would make the student eligible for exemption from the GFP.
Graduates of this programme gain exemption from professional bodies’ exams, as well as opening up opportunities with Accounting-related designations. They have the opprotuinty to be placed as:
- Accounts Assistant
- Aduditor Assistant
- finance assistant
- financial administrator.
- Banking Assistant
- insurance Company Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Production Assistant
Muscat College is committed to providing quality education for its students. An investment made in joining MC Programs will be the best in terms of returns. MC wants to join hands with students in achieving their goals through its Academic Programmes. MC offers flexible payment modes such as Post Dated Cheques/Direct bank transfer etc. for students not able to pay during the registration period. This help students with financial problems to join programs and be part of thousands of MC graduates who have benefitted from MC degrees and prospered in their life.
Applicable for Both Full Time & Part Time students
- Admissions Fees (Paid once): 20 OMR
- Programme Enrolment Fees (Paid once per Programme): 100 OMR
- Caution Deposit (Paid once and Refundable): 100 OMR
- Course Mapping: 20 OMR (Will be exempted if student registered in the College)
Note: All the above fee is subject to change in the future, subject to the approval of MoHERI.