Advanced Diploma in Computing: Technical Support
This SQA Advanced Diploma covers a range of specialist technical skills and knowledge in using and supporting computer systems. It will give learners vocational and technical computing skills that will enable them to work in an IT-related role.
The course covers all the fundamental aspects of technical support, including in-depth knowledge of operating systems, networks, hardware, and software development — as well as professionalism, ethics and team working in computing.
- Credit Values: 31.5 SQA Credit Values (252 Credit Points)
- Award: Advanced Diploma in Business (Equivalent to Diploma).
- Duration: 2 Years in Full-Time Mode of Study/ 3 Years in Part-Time Mode of Study.
- Degree Awarding Body: After the successful completion of the program requirements, the students will be awarded the Award/Exit Certificates from the Scottish Authority Qualification (SQA).
- Programme Starts: September, December and March
Student Must fulfill the following conditions:
- Students who have successfully completed the General Education Diploma (Class 12), or obtained equivalent certificates approved by the Ministry of Education in Oman.
- Pass Muscat College General Foundation Programme (GFP) or equivalent. Alternatively, a score of 60% and above in the Muscat College Placement Test in each of the components would make the student eligible for exemption from the GFP.
Note: Students who are sponsored by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MoHERI) should fulfill the entry requirements specified by the MoHERI.
Graduates of this programme are needed in all the organisations appointed with Technical Support related designations. They have the opportunity to be placed as:
- IT Support Analyst
- Helpdesk Support Analyst
- IT Support Engineer
- Technical Support Analyst
- Technical Trainer
- Computing Infrastructure Support Officer
- Database Administrator
- Technical Instructor (Cabling)
- Technical and Desktop Support.
- Homologation Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- Electronics Test Engineer
Muscat College is committed to providing quality education for its students. An investment made in joining MC Programs will be the best in terms of returns. MC wants to join hands with students in achieving their goals through its Academic Programmes. MC offers flexible payment modes such as Post Dated Cheques/Direct bank transfer etc. for students not able to pay during the registration period. This help students with financial problems to join programs and be part of thousands of MC graduates who have benefitted from MC degrees and prospered in their life.
Applicable for Both Full Time & Part Time students
- Admissions Fees (Paid once): 20 OMR
- Programme Enrolment Fees (Paid once per Programme): 100 OMR
- Caution Deposit (Paid once and Refundable): 100 OMR
- Course Mapping: 20 OMR (Will be exempted if student registered in the College)
Note: All the above fee is subject to change in the future, subject to the approval of MoHERI.