Alumni & Career services
Muscat College has a dedicated office for Alumni and career services to engage with our Alumni. This Alumni office engages with our Alumni members to maintain their data after graduation and invite them to participate in various activities inside and outside the college such as community outreach projects Also assisting students with decision-making and career direction. Interpreting various interest/ability inventories that provide students with information related to their career choices.
- Administering vocational testing to assist students assessing their needs, interests, abilities and skills in relation to their career plans
- Organizing activities such as job fairs and recruitment sessions during which students and employers can meet for interviews or informational sessions.
- Developing and maintaining a career resource library that includes hard copy and electronic materials and information on occupations, employers and candidate assessment.
- Organizing recruitment conferences/interest sessions with specific employers at which students could explore interest in their organization
- Organizing workshops on resume writing, employer recruiting techniques, interview skills and entrepreneurial skills
- Updated database with student information for potential employer review in addition to the database with potential employer information and current jobs available at all levels.
- Maintaining ongoing contacts with potential employers.
- Creating/updating a database that tracks employment of College alumni.
- Conducting follow-up studies on the employment trends of graduates of the institution and disseminate this information as necessary.
- Providing internship letters for the alumni.
- Booking the college’s facilities for alumni events.
- Ensuring that the priority for the college’s alumni is in recruiting and employing for the vacancies inside the college.
- Participating in the different activities, events, and programmes organized by the college.