Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (Computer Systems & Networking) emphasizes on three main aspects which are technical knowledge, technical skills and social skills. The predominant objective is to produce knowledgeable and skilled graduates to work in any organisation, particularly in the field of Computer Systems and Networks.
The general objectives of this award are:
- Produce outstanding graduates by providing competitive engineering and technological programmes.
- Spearhead cutting edge industry-relevant research initiatives.
- Knowledgeable in Theory and Principles of Computer Science
- Possessing Technical Skills in Computer Science Practices
- Able to use Problem Solving Skill in Producing Innovative Solutions
- Able to use Communicate Effectively
- Able to apply Teamwork & Social Skills
- Able to apply Professional Standards and Ethical Responsibility
- Possessing Lifelong Learning Skills
- Possessing Managerial and Technopreneurial Skills
- Able to apply Leadership Skills.
After the successful completion of the programme requirements, the students will be awarded with the certificates from Muscat College recognized by the Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
Graduates of Computer Science (Computer Systems & Networking) from UMP pare equipped with skills in Computer Science and soft skills as an added value which allows them to build a career as Network Engineer, Network Analyst, Network Administrator, Information System Officer, Network Solutions Architect, System Specialist, Consultant, Programmer, Marketing Executive and Technoprenuer.
Diploma in Higher Education
Bachelor Degree with Honours
Two Years (Four Semesters)
Four Years (Eight Semesters)
- Full-time students are normally entitled for 15 credits per semester and Part-time students are entitled for 9 credits maximum per semester.
- Courses are made up of core and optional units. In each semester, student could take 15 Credits, depending on circumstances.
"This programme has been created in response to industry demand for graduates with the knowledge and technical skills in computer system and networking."
Application Development Workshop
Computer Architecture & Organization
Discrete Mathematics and Application
Introduction to Programming (Prerequisite)
Database Systems (Prerequisite)
Discrete Structure & Applications (Prerequisite)
Data Structure & Algorithms (Prerequisite)
Data Communication & Networking (Prerequisite)
Systems Analysis & Design (Prerequisite)
Human Computer Interaction
Object Oriented Programming (Prerequisite)
Introduction to Software Engineering (Prerequisite)
Data & Network Security (Prerequisite)
Web Scripting (Prerequisite)
System Programming (Prerequisite)
Computer Ethic & Policies
Network Routing Technologies (Pre requisite)
Network Switching Technologies (Prerequisite)
System Administration (Prerequisite)
Network Programming (Prerequisite)
WAN Technology (Prerequisite)
Distributed Systems (Prerequisites)
Ethical Hacking (Prerequisite)
Elective I -Multimedia Technology & Applications
Wireless Technologies (Prerequisite)
Network Analysis & Design (Prerequisite)
Computer Forensics & Investigation
Elective II: Structured Query Language (Prerequisite)
Elective III: Visual Effects & 3D Animation
Programme entry requirements
- Year 1 Entry: Pass in the Secondary School with pass of 60% result in either the English placement test or Muscat College Foundation Programme.
- Year 3 Entry: Advanced Diploma / HND (in a related subject only)
Accreditation of prior learning
Applicants may be considered through the accreditation of prior learning, which may be certificated or experiential. The admissions and registration staff are responsible for determining the grounds on which accreditation is acceptable. All applications are subject to approval of the Ministry of Higher Education. Please check Accreditation of prior learning (APL) entry condition in new student entry requirement page
College Requirement Course
All the students are required to study a College requirement course “Entrepreneurship – Creativity and Innovation course” for 3 Credit Hours during the second year of their academic programme, apart from the programme requirements.
"Completing this course will prepare the graduates to succeed in becoming excellent network and system administrators, IT support specialists, system designers or working in industrial networks."